Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
- A Dam Revival, Despite Risks: Private Funding Brings a Boom in Hydropower, With High CostsWhile some dams in the United States and Europe are being decommissioned, a dam-building boom is underway in developing countries. It is a shift from the 1990s, when amid concerns about environmental impacts and displaced people, multilateral lenders like the World Bank backed away from large hydroelectric power projects. World hydropower production will gro […]
- Will more floods change the debate about climate change?It's nearly a year since the storms that led to flooding across much of the UK. Over the last decade, the UK has experienced a range of extreme weather events: heatwaves, droughts, big freezes, as well as storms and floods. Scientists have linked some of these with climate change, and the IPCC concludes places like the UK will experience some extreme w […]
- Call for abstracts for the International conference: ILDAC2015 - ‘Integrated Land & Water Resources Management in the Dry Areas under Climate Change’In memory to Dr Houcine Taamallah, the Arid Regions Institute (IRA) and its partners organize the International conference: ILDAC2015 in Djerba, Tunisia. OBJECTIVES Updates on climate change and projections. Present recent development in land and water resources management in the drylands. Provide forum for debate and exchange among all stakeholders wor […]
- MEDRC Regional Research Scholarships Announced: Palestinian, Omani, and Jordanian Researchers SupportedMEDRC just announced details of the successful research projects to be funded under the 2014 Regional Research Support Program. This program supports exceptionally talented researchers from MEDRC Member States in the MENA region. Projects supported must focus on solutions to the strategic fresh water needs of the region. CONGRATULATIONS to:Mohammed Al-Aufy ( […]
- Applications for MSc Water: Science and Governance The Department of Geography, King’s College London is accepting applications for MSc Water: Science and Governance and scholarships are available to eligible candidates. Drawing on the university’s leading reputation in water research, students are equipped with advanced interdisciplinary training to tackle the contemporary challenges of diverse water enviro […]
- A Dam Revival, Despite Risks: Private Funding Brings a Boom in Hydropower, With High Costs