Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
- UN supports call for an international science advisory mechanism on disaster risk reductionA delegation led by ICSU as the organising partner of the UN Science and Technology Major Group took part in the first meeting of the preparatory committee for the 3rd UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction. The two-day meeting in Geneva this week is intended to prepare for the March 2015 conference in Sendai, Japan, where governments are due to appr […]
- International Conference on DROUGHT: Research and Science-Policy Interfacing: Call for abstractsFrom 10th to 13th March 2015 the Technical University of Valencia (UPV), Spain will be hosting the International Conference on Drought Research and Science-Policy Interfacing. The event aims to discuss drought related research and the advances on response policies in order to foster the development of Drought Policies. Three consecutive thematic sessions wil […]
- Public consultation on sharing spatial information in Europe shows benefits and obstaclesBetter data retrieval and access, greater interoperability of data and improved coordination across the EU top the list of benefits perceived by both data producers and users of spatial information on the environment. Key changes suggested refer to improving communication and coordination, and to reducing the complexity of technical specifications as much as […]
- New SWEEP-Net 2013 country reportsThe SWEEP-Net (the Regional Solid Waste Exchange of Information and Expertise Network) secretariat has just announced its latest publication: New SWEEP-Net 2013 country reports. The annual publications document the state of solid waste management in each of the networks nine member countries and are the most comprehensive state-wide data on the SWM sector in […]
- Call for applications to integrate 5 new cities to the MED-3R Euro-Mediterranean strategic platformA call for applications is launched for the selection of five new cities to be integrated to the MED-3R platform. A call for applications seminar will be held for this purpose in Byblos-Jbeil, Lebanon in October 2014. MED-3R promotes a strategic platform of an organized linking between the engineers, experts, technical officers and elected officials in charg […]
- UN supports call for an international science advisory mechanism on disaster risk reduction