Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
- Thirsty Energy: Securing Energy In A Water-Constrained WorldSignificant amounts of water are needed in almost all energy generation processes, from generating hydropower, to cooling and other purposes in thermal power plants, to extracting and processing fuels. Conversely, the water sector needs energy to extract, treat and transport water. Both energy and water are used in the production of crops, including those u […]
- Take up the 7th World Water Forum ChallengeThe "World Water Challenge" is open to anyone who wants to propose optimized solutions to the world’s challenging water issues. The key water issues were selected during the first part of the contest and you are now invited to submit your solution, which must be based on scientific and technological means.10 outstanding solution providers will be i […]
- Major City Networks Partner for a Water-Secure WorldAccording to the United Nations World Health Organization, over half of the world’s population now lives in cities and this figure will continue to grow, especially in less developed regions. Therefore, delivering safe water and sanitation in cities will be key to securing sustainability for human, economic and environmental prosperity in the future. On Tues […]
- World Water Council position paper on water in post-2015 Development Agenda The World Water Council considers the formulation of the Sustainable DevelopmentGoals (SDGs) to be an endeavor of the highest importance to ensure a prosperous and equitable future for humankind. As part of this, the Council encourages the UN to move forward towards the new set of Sustainable Development Goals, and the development of a SMART (Specific, Measu […]
- Water Diplomacy Experts DatabaseA couple of months ago we invited many experts to contribute to, and benefit from, one of our ongoing activities: a water diplomacy database that consists of experts from a variety of regions and disciplines. After a successful first round and hundreds of positive responses, the database has grown considerably. We thank those who have indeed answered and inv […]
- Thirsty Energy: Securing Energy In A Water-Constrained World