Worried Federal National Council (FNC) members sounded alarmed when questioning on the 9th November 2010 Rashid bin Fahad, the Minister of Environment and Water over potential threats to the nation’s water supply.
Category Cloud- Middle East & North Africa Capacity development Egypt Emergencies Events and campaigns Financing Governance Information and communication Iraq Israel Jordan Lebanon Morocco Palestine Policies & legislation Publications Sanitation Saudi Arabia Syria Tunisia Uncategorized United Arab Emirates Urban WASH Wastewater treatment Water-related diseases Water quality Water resources management Water supply Water treatment Yemen
Tag CloudArab Water Academy cholera climate change corruption desalination DFID drinking water drought EMWIS Euphrates river Gaza Great Man-Made River Project Groundwater groundwater overexploitation GTZ Halliburton hydrogeology irrigation Japan Kurdistan Middle East nitrates North Africa Palestinians Palestinian Water Authority private sector qat rainwater harvesting refugee camps right to sanitation right to water rural sanitation S0802-MENA S0803-MENA S0804-MENA S0806-MENA S0903-MENA S0904-MENA S0906-MENA S0911-MENA S1003 S1006-MENA Sanitation schools school sanitation Sector-wide approaches sewage sewerage source_publish surface water pollution SWAPs transboundary water management transboundary water resources Turkey UASB UNESCO UNICEF urban water supply US troops Wastewater wastewater disposal wastewater reuse wastewater treatment water conflicts water conservation water crisis water demand management water pollution water quality water rights water security water shortage Water supply water utilities World Bank
- WEAM4i project kick-off meeting: Water & Energy Advanced Management for IrrigationLast 3-4 December 2013, Meteosim & Adasa Sistemas organized the kick-off meeting of the new launched project: WEAM4i ‘Water & Energy Advanced Management for Irrigation’. This meeting was hosted in the premises of Meteosim in Barcelona with the participation of the whole project partners: METEOSIM SL, HISPATEC, FENACORE, IVIA, ADASA, INERGIA GRUPO, CO […]
- Designing new ways to protect water qualityEurope's Water Framework Directive states that water is a heritage we must protect and defend. The potential threat of water contamination and the spread of waterborne diseases are becoming more serious than ever before. This is the result of a number of factors, including the increase in population, globalisation and the movement of more people across […]
- Young Scientific Programme CommitteeSIWI is seeking eight committed young professionals interested in providing support to the Scientific Programme Committee. Deadline for nominations is December 8, 2013. SIWI's commitment As one of the leading actors in the water sector, SIWI is interested in developing the future leaders of the water community. SIWI has organised the prestigious Stockho […]
- Access to Water Empowers Women in Morocco’s Middle AtlasI recently returned from Outerbate, a village high in the Atlas Mountains in centralMorocco, where USAID broke ground on a new water supply system. In this Amazigh, or Berber village, the water supply system is more than 80 years old and serves only a handful of the village’s 300 homes. I met Fatima Mazrou, a woman in her late 70s, who shared, “When we look […]
- WEAM4i project kick-off meeting: Water & Energy Advanced Management for Irrigation